Salafi Migrants and Feral Cats
By Louis Palme
WARNING TO MUSLIMS: This article may be offensive, just as proclaiming “Allah is greater” is offensive to non-Muslims.
Two recent articles help define the dilemma we have with immigrant Muslims: “The Futility of Vetting Immigrants to Prevent Terrorism” (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/11/the-futility-of-vetting-immigrants-to-prevent-terrorism.php ) and “Lessons I’ve Learned from a Feral Cat (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lessons-ive-learned-from-_1_b_6647848.html )
Feral cats grow up in an environment where the rules of survival are completely different from those of domesticated cats: humans are not to be trusted, feral cats must kill in order to survive, stealth equals safety. The only way to break feral cats of these rules of survival is to take them completely out of their “native” environment and help them appreciate a different set of values. Yes, feral cats can be tamed, but they must be removed from the savage environment that they were born into.
Think about how Muslims – particularly Salafi migrants — have been raised under rules, called Sharia Law, that are completely different from the Judeo-Christian values: good and evil are defined by the teachings of a 7th Century self-proclaimed prophet, any change to those ancient rules would be a misguided innovation or an act of apostasy (blasphemy), mankind is divided into fellow-believers and open enemies against whom you must make war, deceit is obligatory in order to protect Islam and Muslims.
When it comes to controlling feral cat populations, there are basically two approaches – let them die off by “birth control” or take them out of their feral environment. With regard to Muslims, only the latter approach has any hope of acceptability or success. Unfortunately, in the U.S. the government actually works with Muslim organizations to ensure that Muslims remain in their feral environment.
Here are a few examples:
- The Department of Labor protects Muslim prayer breaks that disrupt work-flow and Muslim hijabs and other gang symbols that pose a safety hazard.
- Schools impose Islamic halal food on non-Muslims, some of whom consider it offensive food offered to an idol. Schools help enforce hijabs by banning any criticism of such divisive practices. Schools provide time and space for Islamic prayers while outlawing similar religious practices for other faiths.
- Government agencies provide free interpreters and publications in foreign languages rather than insist that immigrants learn English.
- Judges in many situations give preference to Sharia Law in opposition to the laws of the United States.
- Employers fearing lawsuits allow employees to refuse service to customers if the customers are buying foods forbidden by Sharia Law.
Muslim organizations like the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) have gone to great lengths to bury case studies that show how immigrant Muslims actually become more radicalized by the coddling atmosphere here in the U.S. One definitive study by the NYPD that has been purged is still available on the Internet: Radicalization in the West: The Homegrown Threat (http://www.eurabia.cz/UserFiles/document/NYPD.pdf ) The study shows how Muslims progress from devout Muslims to Islamic terrorists. This can be prevented if government agencies and law enforcement understand how this happens and take steps to thwart the progress toward radicalization.
Here are a few practical remedies for domesticating the Muslim immigrants who come to the U.S.:
- Insist on loyalty oaths, abandoning non-U.S. passports
- All immigrants must learn English.
- Insist on a basic U.S. civics course for all immigrants.
- Treat mosques and Islamic cultural centers as political entities rather than religious entities.
- Monitor mosques for sermons in foreign languages, anti-American or anti-assimilation rhetoric.Of course, many Muslim immigrants to the United States have fully assimilated and have become successful business owners or professionals. They have no desire to return to their homelands or practice the ideology of those failed states. They are happy contributing to the economic and social fabric of the country they now call home. Some of those were “born Muslim” but never really practiced their faith – other than at holidays. Others have completely left Islam and converted to other religions – usually Christianity once they experience the Judeo-Christian values we have. Still others may eventually become “domesticated” if they are treated with kindness, if they are encouraged to assimilate themselves into the American culture and way of life, and if they are kept way from the drum-beat of Salafism and Sharia Law. Our experience with feral cats gives us hope.